- Code ARTV1102
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Joanne Searle
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2019
See Future Offerings
Students will be introduced to wheel based skills. Basic thrown forms will be explored with an emphasis on function. An introduction to surface decoration techniques and glaze application for both under glaze and on-glaze.
Both historical & contemporary ceramics will be examined.
Occupational health and safety instruction is an integral part of this course.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Utilise skills relevant to Ceramics in response to Workshop projects
- Explore Ceramics material/s used in Workshop projects
- Recognise relationships between concept and process in Ceramics
- Identify historical and theoretical Ceramics contexts relevant to Workshop projects
- Portfolio of studio work and visual journal (80) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Documentation. Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessions that provide ongoing feedback on work in progress. (20) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from: a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks: lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice; and b) 82 hours of independent studio practice, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7999||22 Jul 2019||29 Jul 2019||31 Aug 2019||25 Oct 2019||In Person||N/A|