- Code DESN2006
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Design
- Areas of interest Digital Arts, Digital Humanities, Creative Arts, Design
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Creatively apply front-end web concepts, practices and technologies including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Creatively adapt to the technical and cultural constraints of a specific context.
- Conduct research into design artefacts and processes, and apply findings to creative production.
- Substantiate design outcomes with research and rationale.
Indicative AssessmentResearch report, 1000 words (20%) Learning Outcomes 1,3,4
Production project (60%) Learning Outcomes 1-3
Project rationale, 1000 words (20%) Learning Outcomes 1-4
Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessions that provide formative feedback on work in progress.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 36 hours of contact comprising lectures, tutorials / workshops.
b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Marcotte, E. (2011). Responsive web design. New York: A Book Apart.
Keith, J., & Zeldman, J. (2010). HTML5 for web designers. New York: A Book Apart.
Cederholm, D., & Zeldman, J. (2010). CSS3 for web designers. New York: A Book Apart.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|9653||22 Jul 2019||29 Jul 2019||31 Aug 2019||25 Oct 2019||In Person||N/A|