- Code DESN6006
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Design
- Areas of interest Digital Arts, Digital Humanities, Creative Arts, Design
- Academic career Postgraduate
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course DESN2006
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Expertly apply and adapt front-end web concepts, technologies and practices.
- Define technical and cultural constraints of a specific context and develop innovative solutions.
- Conduct research into design artefacts and processes, and expertly apply findings to creative production.
- Demonstrate understanding of design as a critical research practice and substantiate process and outcomes.
Indicative AssessmentProject proposal, 1500 words (20%) Learning Outcomes 1,3,4
Production project (60%) Learning Outcomes 1-3
Project rationale, 1500 words (20%) Learning Outcomes 1-4
Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessions that provide formative feedback on work in progress.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 36 hours of contact comprising lectures, tutorials / workshops.
b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Indicative Reading ListMarcotte, E. (2011). Responsive web design. New York: A Book Apart.
Keith, J., & Zeldman, J. (2010). HTML5 for web designers. New York: A Book Apart.
Cederholm, D., & Zeldman, J. (2010). CSS3 for web designers. New York: A Book Apart.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 1
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.