- Code LING6525
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Linguistics
- Areas of interest Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
Intensive study of one or more topics in linguistics, through a combination of lectures, prescribed readings, and written analysis. The topics may be studied in conjunction with the Australian Linguistic Institute organised by the Australian Linguistic Society.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- demonstrate a mastery of concepts associated with the topics studied, as negotiated by the course convener and the student;
- demonstrate an ability to read and respond to literature on the selected topics;
- undertake writing tasks related to the literature on the selected topics; and
- complete a research project involving independent analysis.
This course may be offered dependent on demand and availability of resources. Students must contact a specific lecturer with a proposal.
- Two 3,000 word research essays (50% each) [Learning Outcomes 1-4] (50) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 36 hours of contact over 12 weeks: 24 hours of lectures and 12 hours of tutorials, and
b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|4880||25 Feb 2019||04 Mar 2019||31 Mar 2019||31 May 2019||In Person||N/A|
|4973||25 Feb 2019||04 Mar 2019||31 Mar 2019||31 May 2019||In Person||N/A|