- Code STAT8058
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Rsch Sch of Finance, Actuarial Studies & App Stats
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Statistics
- Areas of interest Actuarial Studies
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
- Offered in See Future Offerings
This course continues coverage of techniques for risk modelling beyond those introduced in Risk Modelling 1, with an emphasis on application to insurance portfolios and financial risks.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of the requirements for this course, students will be able to:
- Describe and calculate a range of measures of investment risk, and how insurance companies reduce risk.
- Describe and utilise compound Poisson processes to calculate the probability of ruin for a variety of insurance portfolios.
- Describe and utilise run-off triangle methods for valuing insurance liabilities.
- Describe and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of models for credit risk.
Indicative AssessmentTypical assessment may include, but is not restricted to: assignments and exams.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadStudents are expected to commit at least 10 hours per week to completing the work in this course. This will include at least 3 contact hours per week and up to 7 hours of private study time.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8625||27 Jul 2020||03 Aug 2020||31 Aug 2020||30 Oct 2020||In Person||View|