- Total units 48 Units
- Major code ACMK-MAJ
- Academic career Undergraduate
The major in Asian Capital Markets is designed for students who want to specialise their study of finance within the Asian region. Students in the Asian Capital Markets major can spend one-semester of study within a university within the Asian region giving them invaluable exposure to the study and practice of finance within Asia. This major would appeal to students who are keen to equip themselves with a degree that will prepare them to excel in the Asian financial marketplace.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognise the important role of investment and financing decisions, as well as the role of equities, bonds and derivatives in Asian financial markets.
- Critically engage with and evaluate financial problems.
- Work independently and collaboratively to collect, process, interpret and communicate the outcomes of financial problems.
- Discuss the different capital markets that operate within the Asian region, and be able to demonstrate the unique advantages of each system.
Please note that students are not able to double count with the Asian Capital Markets Major and the Capital Markets Major. Therefore students may not have both a major in Asian Capital Markets and Capital Markets.
This major requires the completion of 48 units, which must consist of:
24 units from completion of the following compulsory courses:
24 units from an approved university exchange partner in Asia, with courses taken whilst on exchange having been pre-approved by the convenor of the Bachelor of Finance and focussed on financial and capital markets in an Asian context
24 units from completion of the following courses:
Back to the top