- Total units 48 Units
- Areas of interest Finance
- Major code ACMK-MAJ
- Academic career Undergraduate
- Academic Contact Dr Alexander Vadilyev
The major in Asian Capital Markets is designed for students who want to specialise their study of finance within the Asian region. Students in the Asian Capital Markets major can spend one-semester of study within a university within the Asian region giving them invaluable exposure to the study and practice of finance within Asia. This major would appeal to students who are keen to equip themselves with a degree that will prepare them to excel in the Asian financial marketplace.
- Recognise the important role of investment and financing decisions, as well as the role of equities, bonds and derivatives in Asian financial markets.
- Critically engage with and evaluate financial problems.
- Work independently and collaboratively to collect, process, interpret and communicate the outcomes of financial problems.
- Discuss the different capital markets that operate within the Asian region, and be able to demonstrate the unique advantages of each system.
Please note that students are not able to double count with the Asian Capital Markets Major and the Capital Markets Major. Therefore students may not have both a major in Asian Capital Markets and Capital Markets.
This major requires the completion of 48 units, which must include:
18 units from completion of the following courses:
FINM2001 Corporate Finance
6 units from completion of a course from the following list:
STAT2008 Regression Modelling
STAT2014 Regression Modelling for Actuaries
24 units from an approved university exchange partner in Asia:
Courses taken whilst on exchange must be pre-approved by the convenor of the Bachelor of Finance and be focussed on financial and capital markets in an Asian context
24 units from completion of the following courses:
FINM3005 Corporate Valuation
FINM3006 Financial Intermediation and Debt Markets
FINM3008 Applied Portfolio Construction
FINM3045 Asian Capital Markets
Back to the top