- Total units 24 Units
- Specialisation code BISY-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
In this specialisation students learn to identify, interpret and analyse stakeholder needs, and apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to develop information systems components, systems and/or processes to meet those needs.
Graduates with a specialisation in Business Information Systems will be able to:
1. Identify, interpret and analyse stakeholder needs, establish priorities and the goals, constraints and uncertainties of the system (social, cultural, legislative, environmental, business etc), using systems thinking, while recognising ethical implications of professional practice.
2. Apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to develop components, systems and/or processes to meet specified requirements, including innovative approaches to synthesise alternative solutions, concepts and procedures, while demonstrating information skills and research methods.
3. Apply abstraction and discipline fundamentals to analysis, design and operation; use appropriate computer software, laboratory equipment and other devices; ensure model applicability, accuracy and limitations.
4. Communicate and coordinate proficiently by: listening, speaking, reading and writing English for professional practice; working as an effective member or leader of diverse teams; using basic tools and practices of formal project management.
5. Manage their own time and processes effectively by prioritising competing demands to achieve personal and team goals, with regular review of personal performance as a primary means of managing continuing professional development.
- Graduate Certificate of Management (CMGMT)
- Graduate Diploma of Business (DBUSI)
- Master of Business Information Systems (MBINS)
- Master of Business Information Systems (Advanced) (VBINS)
- Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MEINV)
- Master of International Management (MIMGT)
- Master of Leadership (MLEAD)
- Master of Management (Advanced) (VMGMT)
- Master of Marketing Management (MMKMT)
- Master of Project Management (MPROM)
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
24 units from completion of the following course(s):
|INFS7004||Accounting Information Systems||6|
|INFS7007||Intelligent Business Analysis: Models, Processes and Techniques||6|
|INFS8210||Business Analytics for Managers||6|