- Code ARTV2715
- Unit Value 6 units
This course introduces students to the principles and practice of using text in their visual art practice. A variety of practical techniques are explored, conceptual issues are addressed.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic techniques, processes and equipment used in handset and computer typography;
- Show the beginning of a creative exploration of materials and alternative techniques;
- Apply these concepts and techniques to the development of text based works;
- Show basic awareness of historical and theoretical contexts relevant to the course.
of studio work and visual journal (80%) and Documentation (20%).
Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessions that
provide ongoing feedback on work in progress.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from: a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks: lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice; and b) 82 hours of independent studio practice, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7650||27 Jul 2020||03 Aug 2020||31 Aug 2020||30 Oct 2020||In Person||N/A|