- Code INDG8004
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Indigenous Studies
- Areas of interest History, Indigenous Australian Studies, Law, Policy Studies, Human Rights
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- engage in informed debate about Australian government policy and practice towards Indigenous people;
- analyse other people's writing about Indigenous policy; and
- write critically and analytically about Australian Indigenous affairs policy debates.
- First Essay, 1500 words (25) [LO 1,2,3]
- Major Essay, 3000 words (50) [LO 1,2,3]
- Discussion Forums, 1500 words (25) [LO 1,2]
In response to COVID-19: Please note that Semester 2 Class Summary information (available under the classes tab) is as up to date as possible. Changes to Class Summaries not captured by this publication will be available to enrolled students via Wattle.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from: a) 36 hours of contact over 12 weeks: 24 hours of lectures and 12 hours of tutorials; and b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
All readings will be accessible through the course WATTLE site.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3062||24 Feb 2020||02 Mar 2020||08 May 2020||05 Jun 2020||In Person||N/A|
|4806||24 Feb 2020||02 Mar 2020||08 May 2020||05 Jun 2020||Online||N/A|