- Code NSPO8022
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by ANU National Security College
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject National Security Policy
- Areas of interest Australian Studies, International Relations, Policy Studies, Political Sciences
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
This course will be occasionally scheduled to offer one-off opportunities to study under visiting experts, or to showcase a new teaching area. Information on the particular topic offered under this course will be outlined in the ‘Other Information' section, including topic title, the topic convenor, and an indication of workload and indicative assessment.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the major issues in, and concepts associated with the special topic area
- Evaluate and confidently apply these concepts
- Critically evaluate approaches to the study of the special topic area
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Assessment will differ from topic to topic and will be detailed in the class summary. (null) [LO null]
In response to COVID-19: Please note that Semester 2 Class Summary information (available under the classes tab) is as up to date as possible. Changes to Class Summaries not captured by this publication will be available to enrolled students via Wattle.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
The course will involve weekly seminar discussions and extensive research, with a total workload of 10 hours per week.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the ANU National Security College to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.