- Code SOCR8004
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by ANU Centre for Social Research Methods
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Social Research
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
This course is used for two purposes.
1. To run special courses that may be offered only once (for example, due to the availability of an academic visitor). Assessment will be set by the lecturer and may include assignments, essays, exams and presentations.
2. To allow outstanding students to conduct independent research programs in consultation with a supervising academic. Assessment will be negotiated between the student and supervisor.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- To allow outstanding students to conduct independent research programs in consultation with a supervising academic.
- nil (null) [LO null]
In response to COVID-19: Please note that Semester 2 Class Summary information (available under the classes tab) is as up to date as possible. Changes to Class Summaries not captured by this publication will be available to enrolled students via Wattle.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.