- Code SOCR8004
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by ANU Centre for Social Research Methods
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Social Research
- Academic career PGRD
- Dr Katherine Curchin
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2024
See Future Offerings
This course is used for two purposes.
1. To run special courses that may be offered only once (for example, due to the availability of an academic visitor). Assessment will be set by the lecturer and may include assignments, essays, exams and presentations.
2. To allow outstanding students to conduct independent research programs in consultation with a supervising academic. Assessment will be negotiated between the student and supervisor.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- To allow outstanding students to conduct independent research programs in consultation with a supervising academic.
- nil (null) [LO null]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7373||22 Jul 2024||29 Jul 2024||31 Aug 2024||25 Oct 2024||In Person||N/A|