- Code ARTV3029
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts, Creative Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Joanne Searle
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2020
See Future Offerings
This course builds on and further develops a range of skills, competencies and understanding to enable the student to resolve, communicate and produce original creative works.
The course is based on an Individual Work Proposal (IWP) and the shaping of this and the creative works is supported though group sessions across several disciplines as well as tutorials, demonstrations and discussions within each Workshop.
In addition to developing a cohesive body of work in a media related to the relevant Workshop, students will develop skills in writing and speaking about their work, and in presenting work in a professional setting. Students will learn how to research and articulate the context of their work, including theoretical, historical and critical frameworks.
Work health and safety (WHS) instruction is an integral part of this course and will be handled within each Workshop.
This course is delivered by the following School of Art & Design disciplines: Ceramics, Furniture, Glass, Jewellery and Object, and Textiles.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- demonstrate skill in planning and executing an independent project and create a body of work that is suitable for exhibition;
- develop, research and evaluate concepts and processes through creative, critical and reflective thinking;
- articulate and link the concepts and techniques underpinning the project; and
- demonstrate a comprehensive awareness of related historical, critical and theoretical contexts of the project.
- Portfolio of studio work (80) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Journal/Documentation/presentation (20) [LO 2,3,4]
In response to COVID-19: Please note that Semester 2 Class Summary information (available under the classes tab) is as up to date as possible. Changes to Class Summaries not captured by this publication will be available to enrolled students via Wattle.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks: lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice; and
b) 82 hours of independent studio practice, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7922||27 Jul 2020||03 Aug 2020||31 Aug 2020||30 Oct 2020||In Person||N/A|