- Total units 24 Units
- Specialisation code BUSI-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
The specialisation in International Business provides an overview of the principal issues and considerations in the growth and functioning of international businesses. The core courses in the specialisation aim to develop skills and competencies in international business relating to the international business environment, as well as strategic management, societal business systems, marketing and human resource management in an international business context.
Graduates with a specialisation in International Business will have a foundational knowledge of core international business concepts and practices, which will form the basis for independent lifelong learning.
Graduates with a specialisation in International Business will have:
- cognitive skills to review, analyse, consolidate and synthesise international business knowledge;
- cognitive and technical skills to demonstrate an understanding of international business knowledge with depth in some areas;
- cognitive and creative skills to exercise critical thinking and judgement in identifying and solving problems with intellectual independence; and,
- communication skills to present a clear, coherent and independent exposition of international business knowledge and ideas.
Graduates with a specialisation in International Business will demonstrate the application of international business knowledge and skills:
- with initiative and judgment in planning, problem solving and decision making in professional practice and/or scholarship;
- to adapt knowledge and skills in diverse contexts; and,
- with responsibility and accountability for own learning and professional practice and in collaboration with others within broad parameters.
- Graduate Certificate of Management (CMGMT)
- Graduate Diploma of Business (DBUSI)
- Master of Business Information Systems (MBINS)
- Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MEINV)
- Master of International Management (MIMGT)
- Master of International Management (Advanced) (VIMGT)
- Master of Leadership (MLEAD)
- Master of Management (Advanced) (VMGMT)
- Master of Marketing Management (MMKMT)
- Master of Project Management (MPROM)
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
18 units from completion of the following course(s):
|BUSI7001||Managing the Global Supply Chain||6|
|BUSI7033||International Business Strategies||6|
|MGMT7107||Managing Across Cultures||6|
6 units from completion of the following course(s):
|BUSI7055||Asian Business Systems||6|
|BUSI7020||The European Business System||6|
|MGMT7066||Global Management Experience||6|