- Code BUSI7020
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Business
- Areas of interest Commerce, International Business
- Academic career PGRD
- Stewart Rendall
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2020
See Future Offerings
The course provides an overview of business in Europe and an examination of specific issues related to foreign companies doing business in Europe. Specific topics include the European business environment, European Union institutions, legal framework and policies, the growth of the European Union, emerging European economies, business strategy for the European market, marketing strategy in Europe, managing cultural diversity in Europe, human resource management issues in Europe, and corporate governance and control in Europe. The aim of the course is to enhance students understanding of the European business environment, the organisation of the European Union and its associated policies, and their impact upon the business and marketing strategies of firms in Europe.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Distinguish between the different business environments in the European Union;
- Establish the roles and functions of different institutions and their impact on organizations;
- Describe the challenges in terms of cultural differences in the European Union and implications of management decisions;
- Explain how the organization of the European Union and European integration impact on organizations and their strategies;
- Reflect on the emerging evidence about changing nature of business environment in the European Union, its institutions and policies and their impact on organizations;
- Generate courses of action appropriate to a situation and problem.
- See the course outline onthe College courses pagefor the indicative assessment. (null) [LO null]
In response to COVID-19: Please note that Semester 2 Class Summary information (available under the classes tab) is as up to date as possible. Changes to Class Summaries not captured by this publication will be available to enrolled students via Wattle.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Students taking this course are expected to commit at least 10 hours per week to completing the work. This will include 3 hours per week in class and at least 7 hours a week on average (including non-teaching weeks) on course reading, research, writing and assignment work.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3163||24 Feb 2020||02 Mar 2020||08 May 2020||05 Jun 2020||In Person||View|
|4822||24 Feb 2020||02 Mar 2020||08 May 2020||05 Jun 2020||Online||N/A|