- Code ARTV2909
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts, Creative Arts, Design
- Academic career UGRD
- Lucy Irvine
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2021
See Future Offerings
Impactful creative practitioners often participate across a range of different communities and contexts. This course expands upon what it is to craft, by looking at the objectives as much as the objects of crafting in public, educational and social situations. Students will be exposed to diverse professional opportunities such as devising and presenting workshops, community projects and engagement strategies in institutions.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Australian art and design sectors;
- research and critically analyse the market for textile artists/designers;
- research and develop products within specific guidelines; and
- practical experience of working on textile art/design projects with public outcomes.
School of Art & Design studio courses have a limited enrolment capacity. Students are advised to enrol as early as possible to maximise the opportunity of securing a place.
- Mid semester critique (20) [LO 2,3]
- Engagement-based creative project (50) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Portfolio of studio work and studio theory (30) [LO 1,2]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks consisting of lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice; and
b) 82 hours of independent studio practice, reading and writing.
This is a course amendment.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Refer to Wattle.
Refer to Wattle.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|5635||26 Jul 2021||02 Aug 2021||14 Sep 2021||29 Oct 2021||In Person||View|