- Code ARTV2909
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts, Creative Arts, Design
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
Impactful creative practitioners often participate across a range of different communities and contexts. This course expands upon what it is to craft, by looking at the objectives as much as the objects of crafting in public, educational and social situations. Students will be exposed to diverse professional opportunities such as devising and presenting workshops, community projects and engagement strategies in institutions.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Australian art and design sectors;
- research and critically analyse the market for textile artists/designers;
- research and develop products within specific guidelines; and
- practical experience of working on textile art/design projects with public outcomes.
School of Art & Design studio courses have a limited enrolment capacity. Students are advised to enrol as early as possible to maximise the opportunity of securing a place.
- Mid semester critique (20) [LO 2,3]
- Engagement-based creative project (50) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Portfolio of studio work and studio theory (30) [LO 1,2]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks consisting of lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice; and
b) 82 hours of independent studio practice, reading and writing.
This is a course amendment.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Refer to Wattle.
Refer to Wattle.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.