- Code COMP6461
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Computer Science
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Computer Science
- Areas of interest Computer Science, Information Technology
Computer graphics are an intrinsic component of many modern software applications and are often essential to the success of these applications. The objective of this course is to familiarise the student with fundamental algorithms and data structures that are used in today's interactive graphics systems as well as programming and architecture of high-resolution graphics computers. The principles and practice of computer graphics are described from their mathematical foundations to the modern applications domains of scientific visualisation, virtual reality, computer games and film animation. The course will include some practical experience of graphical software environments such as OpenGL, JOGL, VRML and Java3D. Students should have a good working knowledge of Java, and of 3D coordinate geometry, before taking this course.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon completion of this course, the student will:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge on the fundamentals of 2D and 3D computer graphics
- Explain and apply the algorithms commonly used in 3D computer graphics
- Display competency in a number of advanced computer graphics techniques and applications
Assignments (40%), Final Exam (60%)
WorkloadThirty one hour lectures and nine 1 hour laboratory sessions
Requisite and Incompatibility
Hearn and Baker Computer Graphics with OpenGL, Third Edition, Prentice Hall, 2004
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|6066||26 Jul 2021||02 Aug 2021||31 Aug 2021||29 Oct 2021||In Person||N/A|