- Code MEAS4001
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Centre for Arab and Islamic Studies
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Middle Eastern & Central Asian Studies
- Areas of interest Arab and Islamic Studies, Middle East Studies, Language Studies
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Offered in See Future Offerings
This course provides students with the opportunity, through various combinations of lectures, seminars, readings and written research and analysis, to complete intensive study in one or more topics relating to Middle Eastern and Central Asian studies.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- understand one or more complex issues relevant to Middle Eastern and Central Asian studies;
- analyse those issues using relevant theories and advanced research methods;
- formulate sophisticated responses to those issues; and,
- communicate those issues and responses persuasively in writing and/or orally.
- Essay, 4000-5000 words (50) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Final examination, 3 hours (40) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Class participation (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 36 hours of seminars over 12 weeks; and
b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Prescribed TextsWill change depending on topic
Preliminary ReadingWill change depending on topic
Completion of a cognate major
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|5597||25 Jul 2022||01 Aug 2022||31 Aug 2022||28 Oct 2022||In Person||N/A|