- Code MEAS8105
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Centre for Arab and Islamic Studies
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Middle Eastern & Central Asian Studies
- Areas of interest Arab and Islamic Studies, Middle East Studies, Language Studies
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
This course provides students with the opportunity, through various combinations of lectures, seminars, readings and written research and analysis, to complete intensive study in one or more topics relating to Middle Eastern and Central Asian studies.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- understand one or more complex issues relevant to Middle Eastern and Central Asian studies;
- analyse those issues using relevant theories and advanced research methods;
- formulate sophisticated responses to those issues; and,
- communicate those issues and responses persuasively in writing and/or orally.
Other InformationSemester 1, 2019
Europe in the Middle East
- Essay, 4000-5000 words (50) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Final examination, 3 hours (40) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Class participation (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from: a) 36 hours of seminars over 12 weeks; and b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
There are no prescribed texts for this course
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.