- Code SPAN6504
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Spanish
- Areas of interest European Languages
- Academic career PGRD
- Dr Ailen Cruz
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
Second Semester 2021
See Future Offerings
This course is designed to further develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in the Spanish language at the second part of the B1 level in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The course focuses on more advanced vocabulary, grammatical, pragmatic, and sociocultural aspects. The students will continue to develop their skills as autonomous learners and as a team members in task-based learning. The course is taught in Spanish.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- use and understand vocabulary, grammatical structures, pragmatic content and sociocultural aspects of Spanish at the B1 level (second part);
- communicate orally in controlled situations and in less controlled situations at the B1 level (second part), integrating all aspects of the course;
- communicate in writing at the B1 level (second part), integrating all aspects of the course;
- extract, analyse and use information from oral, audiovisual and written Spanish texts, including additional resources at the B1 level (second part);
- evaluate their own learning practices and personal goals as an autonomous learner and as a member of a team in task-based learning activities; and
- analyse and critique academic literature on a specific issue of L2 Spanish linguistics.
- Class engagement (approx. 600 words) (10) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
- 2 exams (2 hours each) (40) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Written (approx. 300 words per group member) and oral (approx. 15 min per group) group task (35) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
- Critical review (approx. 800 words) (15) [LO 1,3,4,5,6]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks, including recorded/online and tutorial activities, and
b) 82 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
N/A Minor Amendments Only
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|5535||26 Jul 2021||02 Aug 2021||14 Sep 2021||29 Oct 2021||In Person||View|