- Total units 48 Units
- Specialisation code ARTH-HSPC
- Academic career Undergraduate
The Art History and Theory Honours Specialisation gives you high-level preparation for professional life or a higher degree by research through the development of an advanced knowledge of the research principles and methods and theoretical concepts of art history and theory, and through the design and implementation of a research project, typically a thesis of up to 20,000 words, that develops new understandings or that provides solutions to complex problems.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- pose a significant research question relating to art history and theory;
- investigate this question creatively, critically, ethically, and independently, including through sophisticated use of appropriate theory and methodology as appropriate to art history and theory, and place these investigations in the context of the relevant intellectual tradition; and
- communicate their research and its findings through an appropriate medium.
Back to the top
1. a major or equivalent in one of the following:
2. with the written approval of an identified supervisor for the thesis
This Honours specialisation requires the completion of 48 units, which must consist of:
48 units from completion of the following course(s):
|ARTH4015||Art Museum Internship: Collection Management||6|
|ARTH4016||Art Museum Internship: Audience Development||6|
|ARTH4017||Methodologies of Art History||12|