- Code ECON3056
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Economics
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Economics
- Areas of interest Economic History, Economics, Economic Policy
- Academic career UGRD
- Prof Rabee Tourky
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2022
See Future Offerings
This course is designed for students in the PPE program and will study classic texts in PPE. Classic articles articles will be introduced and located in the literature and will demonstrate the puzzle or problem the author addressed and the solution they came up with.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of classic texts in economics
- Coherently summarise and explain the ideas of articles discussed in the course
- Apply theoretical results to practical economic examples
- Demonstrate an understanding of formal economic models
- Assessment may consist of a final exam, mid-semester exam(s), quizzes, assignments or some combination thereof. See the Class Summary for details. (100) [LO 1,2,3]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours in total over the semester consisting of lectures, seminars/tutorials and private study time.
Requisite and Incompatibility
see Class Summary
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|5577||25 Jul 2022||01 Aug 2022||31 Aug 2022||28 Oct 2022||In Person||N/A|