- Code FINM7008
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Rsch Sch of Finance, Actuarial Studies & App Stats
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Financial Management
- Areas of interest Finance
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
This course involves on campus teaching. For students unable to come to campus there will be a remote option. See the Class Summary for more details.
This course allows students to acquire and apply the skills needed to design investment portfolios. It covers duties to clients, types of investment products, explores links between investment risk and return, introduces tools for use in portfolio construction, brings in analysis of fixed income products and introduces techniques to evaluate past investment performance.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of core investments theory;
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the issues associated with the application of investments theory in a practical setting;
- Work effectively in group environments; and
- Effectively communicate the results of empirical research.
- Typical assessment may include, but is not restricted to: exams, assignments, quizzes, presentations and other assessment as appropriate, which may be completed individually or in groups (100) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Students are expected to commit 130 hours of work in completing this course. This includes time spent in scheduled classes and self-directed study time.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Information about the prescribed textbook will be available via the Class Summary.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.