- Total units 24 Units
- Areas of interest Actuarial Studies
- Specialisation code ACST-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
- Academic Contact AsPr Robert Clark
The Actuarial Studies specialisation is designed for students who wish to:
- Develop a greater understanding of actuarial principles and their application;
- Gain Foundation and/or Associateship Program exemptions through the Actuaries Institute;
- Improve analytical skills for interpreting and analysing actuarial information;
- Gain greater insight into the Australian and international financial markets;
- Increase management skills for dealing with organisations, teams and policy issues; and,
- Expand their applied knowledge in various specialised areas of actuarial studies.
Recognise the important role of actuarial principles and their application.
Interpret and analyse actuarial information.
Demonstrate an understanding of the Australian financial market as it applies to actuarial work.
Critically engage with and evaluate actuarial problems.
This specialisation is incompatible with the Actuarial Statistics specialisation.
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
A minimum of 12 units from the completion of the following:
ACST8032 Actuarial Data Analysis
ACST8040 Actuarial Control Cycle 1
ACST8041 Actuarial Control Cycle 2
ACST8050 Research Essay in Actuarial Studies
FINM8006 Advanced Investments
A maximum of 12 units from the completion of the following:
STAT6013 Principles of Mathematical Statistics for Actuarial Studies
STAT6014 Regression Modelling for Actuaries
STAT6043 Life Contingencies
STAT6045 Actuarial Techniques
STAT6046 Financial Mathematics
STAT6057 Risk Modelling 1
STAT6058 Risk Modelling 2
STAT7004 Introduction to Stochastic Processes
STAT7042 Survival Models
BUSN7008 Financial Statements and Reporting
ECON8069 Business Economics
FINM7003 Continuous Time Finance
FINM7006 Applied Foundations of Finance
FINM7007 Applied Corporate Finance
FINM7008 Applied Investments
FINM7041 Applied DerivativesBack to the top