- Code BUSN8801
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Accounting
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Business
- Areas of interest Commerce
- Academic career PGRD
- Dr Louise Lu
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2023
See Future Offerings
This course is designed to provide students with a more in-depth understanding of the concepts and issues involved with accounting and commerce related areas. Students will undertake independent research work which must be supervised by full time academic staff within the Research School of Accounting. Interested students should see the Master of Accounting program convenor for further details.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Critically analyse advanced issues in accounting and commerce contexts.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of research in the selected topic(s).
- Critically evaluate the complex ideas and research issues involved in the selected topic(s).
- Typical assessment may include, but is not restricted to, multiple major pieces of assessment and/or a major research report to be conducted, supervised and assessed by full time academic staff within the Research School of Accounting. The assessment tasks are designed as appropriate to assess the learning outcomes of the course. (null) [LO null]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Students taking this course are expected to commit at least 12 hours a week (including non-teaching weeks) to completing the work. This will include attending classes, course reading, research, writing and assignment work.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Research School of Accounting to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.