- Code DIPL8012
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Department of International Relations
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Diplomacy
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery Online or In Person
Second Semester 2023
See Future Offerings
This course will be occasionally scheduled to offer one-off opportunities to study under visiting experts, or to showcase a new teaching area. Information on the particular topic offered under this course will be outlined in the ‘Other Information’ section, including topic title, the topic convenor, and an indication of workload and indicative assessment. The topics offered each year will vary in response to current issues and emerging research. Details of the topic(s) of the coming year are available from the convenor.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the major issues in, and concepts associated with the special topic area;
- Confidently apply relevant theory and concepts to the study of the special topic area;
- Critically evaluate approaches to the study of the special topic area;
- Adapt theory, concepts and approaches to the special topic area as a result of independent enquiry;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in written and/or other formats.
- Assessment will differ from topic to topic and will be detailed in the class summary. The course comprises a maximum of 6k words of assessment or the equivalent. (100) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
This course comprises some 130 hours of activity over 12 weeks, both interactive/seminar based and independent research.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|Great Power Diplomacy: The US, China and Asia|
|5633||24 Jul 2023||31 Jul 2023||31 Aug 2023||27 Oct 2023||Online or In Person||N/A|