- Code COMP3740
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Computing
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Computer Science
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
This course has been adjusted for remote participation in Semester 1, 2022.
Students will conduct a small project, under supervision, that in area of computing of mutual interest to the student and their supervisor. The project will involve applying and increasing the depth of the student's knowledge in some aspect of computing. The activities in the course will normally include some combination of reading, writing, project work and presentation, as appropriate to the topic. The specific learning objectives, project overview and assessment arrangements will be specified at the outset using the Department of Computer Science form 'Independent Study Contract'.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- apply the student's knowledge and implementation skills in the in computer science for the project course, and apply this to a specific project topic in that area.
- deepen their knowledge of computing through undertaking the project.
- learn any specific technical skills required by their topic, and apply them to the project work.
- learn relevant project-related skills, including project management and oral and written communication, and apply these to the project work.
- An appropriate combination of written report, project documentation and presentation, which may include a demonstration of the project. (100) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadNo formal contact is required in this course. Students will meet regularly with their supervisor througout the semester.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Computing to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.