- Code MGMT3021
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Management
- Areas of interest Management
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2024
See Future Offerings
This course takes an evidence-based approach to the study leadership and in doing so, uncovers myths and fads often championed by the "leadership industry". In the first part of the course, students will learn how to appraise and use trustworthy evidence to understand leadership effectiveness and make leadership decisions. The second part of the course is designed to develop students’ leadership capability.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Describe the basic principles of using an evidence-based approach to the study of leadership;
- Critically discuss key concepts and theories in leadership and the evidence that underpins these concepts and theories;
- Apply evidence-based practice to leader decision-making;
- Integrate the evidence on leadership to develop personal leadership capability;
- Present both orally and in written communication their evidence-based practice of influencing others towards a vision.
- Typical assessment may include, but is not restricted to: exams, assignments, quizzes, presentations and other assessment as appropriate. Further details will be made available via the Class Summary. (100) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Students taking this course are expected to commit at least 10 hours per week to completing the work. This will include 3 hours per week in class and at least 7 hours a week on average (including non-teaching weeks) on course reading, research, writing and assignment work.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Information about the prescribed textbook (if any) will be made available via the Class Summary.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8508||22 Jul 2024||29 Jul 2024||31 Aug 2024||25 Oct 2024||In Person||N/A|