- Total units 24 Units
- Areas of interest Commerce, Marketing
- Minor code MKTG-MIN
- Academic career Undergraduate
- Academic Contact Dr Alexander Richardson
The minor in Marketing combines aspects of economics, commerce, psychology, sociology and statistical analysis in the assessment of market behaviour and the development of appropriate business responses.
Application of knowledge and skills
Graduates with a minor in Marketing will demonstrate the application of marketing knowledge and skills:
- with initiative and judgment in planning, problem solving and decision making in professional practice and/or scholarship;
- to adapt knowledge and skills in diverse contexts; and,
- with responsibility and accountability for own learning and professional practice and in collaboration with others within broad parameters.
This minor is incompatible with the Marketing major.
1. Identify marketing problems using an evidence-based approach;
2. Critically discuss evidence-based solutions to marketing problems;
3. Review marketing knowledge and theory for application to live cases;
4. Apply fundamental concepts and theories of marketing with insight and creativity in different settings; and
5. Present marketing ideas and knowledge concisely and coherently in a language appropriate for business audiences.
This minor requires the completion of 24 units, which must include:
24 units from the completion of the following compulsory courses:
MKTG2004 - Introduction to Marketing (6 units)
MKTG2031 - Consumer Behaviour (6 units)
MKTG3001 - Marketing Research (6 units)
MKTG3033 - Integrated Marketing Communications (6 units)Back to the top