- Code MGMT7024
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Management
- Areas of interest Management, Project Management
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2024
See Future Offerings
The courses focuses on the management of the execution phase of projects. Students will learn practices and tools to monitor and control projects, making corrective decisions and introduce changes to plans to ensure the project achieves its objectives.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify the contextual factors affecting project monitoring and control during the project execution phase. (Ask + Remember)
- Implement evidence-based project control. (Acquire + Understand)
- Gauge the quality of available evidence to evaluate the project progress. ( Appraise + analyse)
- Ascertain the appropriate corrective actions based on relevant approaches and evidence to ensure that project status is effectively monitored, managed and communicated. (Aggregate + evaluate)
- Recognize the implications of the courses of actions on project outcomes. (Apply + evaluate)
- Devise a project execution report for future project monitoring and control (Assess + create)
- Typical assessments may include, but is not restricted to: in-class exercises, written and oral assignments, quizzes, examinations, group project tasks, oral presentation, and other assessment deemed appropriate to show attainment of the learning outcomes set for the course. Further details will be made available via the Class Summary. (100) [LO 1,2,3,4,5,6]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Students taking this course are expected to commit 130 hours to completing the work. For semester length offerings this will typically include 3 hours per week in class and at least 7 hours a week on average (excluding non-teaching weeks) on course reading, research, writing and assessment work.
Where this course is offered in intensive delivery mode as a continuous block over a shorter period of time, the expected total time commitment for this course will be 130 hours.
This course has no inherent requirements.
Information about the prescribed textbook (if any) will be made available via the Class Summary.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2543||19 Feb 2024||26 Feb 2024||31 Mar 2024||24 May 2024||In Person||N/A|