- Code MKTG7023
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Marketing
- Areas of interest Marketing
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
The need for specialised skills in Services Marketing has grown in recognition of the important role of services in advanced economies. This course addresses the essential nature of services and the role of service quality. Employees’ role in service delivery and the emotional load for service workers form an important focus of the course.
Service sector firms face increased competition and more demanding customers. Marketers need to develop a distinct set of competencies to design, manage and evaluate the processes and performances that comprise the service offering.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- By completing this course, students will: Appreciate the challenges facing the services marketing in traditional commercial marketing, e-marketing and non commercial environments; Appreciate the difference between marketing physical products and intangible services, including dealing with the extended services marketing mix, and the four unique traits of services marketing; Recognise the challenges faced in services delivery as outlined in the services gap model; Develop professional business writing skills
- See the course outline ontheCollege courses pagefor the indicative assessment. (100) [LO 1]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Students taking this course are expected to commit at least 10 hours per week to completing the work. This will include 3 hours per week in class and at least 7 hours a week on average (including non-teaching weeks) on course reading, research, writing and assignment work.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Please see Class summary
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.