- Code CHIN6216
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Chinese
- Areas of interest Asian Languages, Translation Studies, Asian Studies, Language Studies
This course is designed for advanced level Chinese language students as an introductory course in Chinese-English interpretation. It will introduce the three different forms of interpretation including simultaneous interpretation, consecutive interpretation and sight interpretation. The course is intended to equip students with some basic interpretation skills and/or serve as a foundation course for more advanced Chinese-English translation courses. Students will have a lot of practices in and after class.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- comprehend and examine the basic skills for interpreting from Chinese into English and vice versa, focusing on accuracy and fluency;
- evaluate the quality of an accomplished interpretation with consistent criteria;
- justify the ways of handling an interpretation task in real life.
- Midterm exam 20% (Learning outcomes 1, 2)
- Final exam 30% (Learning outcomes 1, 2)
- Assignments 40% (Learning outcomes 1, 2, 3)
- Quizzes 10% (Learning outcomes 2, 3)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3360||20 Feb 2017||27 Feb 2017||31 Mar 2017||26 May 2017||In Person||N/A|