- Total units 48 Units
- Major code TEXT-MAJ
- Academic career Undergraduate
The Textiles major provides for a broad range of textile studies, studio practice and research, and prepares students for careers as textile artists, designers, small business producers, teachers, curators, community artists and for employment in public art. With active academic staff, excellent technical facilities and located close to Australia's national collecting institutions, the Workshop provides an excellent study environment. Creative and innovative approaches to textiles based on a thorough technical understanding of the medium and knowledge of the historical and contemporary context are presented. Concept, ideas and design development parallels technical training, allowing students to develop individual approaches.
This major is restricted to the Bachelor of Visual Arts.
Students who complete this major will have the skills and knowledge to:
- demonstrate skills and knowledge of the practices, languages, forms, materials, technologies and techniques in textile making.
- apply relevant skills and knowledge to realise artefacts and forms of creative expression.
- develop and evaluate concepts and process by thinking creatively, critically and reflectively.
- work independently and collaboratively in a workshop environment in response to project demands.
- apply occupational health and safety regulations and principles within a workshop environment.
This major requires the completion of 48 units, which must consist of:
This major is available only to students undertaking the Bachelor of Visual Arts
48 units from completion of the following course(s):
|ARTV1901||Textiles: Dye and Surface Manipulation||6|
|ARTV1902||Textiles: Print and Surface Design||6|
|ARTV2906||Textiles: Approaches to Drawing for Craft and Design||6|
|ARTV2907||Textiles: Embroidery and Hand Stitch||6|
|ARTV2908||Textiles: Constructed Textiles||6|
|ARTV2909||Textiles: Maker to Market||6|
|ARTV3028||Craft and Design Major 7: Developing A Visual Arts Practice||6|
|ARTV3029||Craft and Design Major 8: Resolving a Body of Original Work||6|