- Total units 48 Units
- Major code TEXT-MAJ
- Academic career Undergraduate
This major is only available to students undertaking the Bachelor of Visual Arts degree program.
The Textiles major provides for a broad range of textile studies, studio practice and research, and prepares students for careers as textile artists, designers, small business producers, teachers, curators, community artists and for employment in public art. With active academic staff, excellent technical facilities and located close to Australia’s national collecting institutions, the Workshop provides an excellent study environment. Creative and innovative approaches to textiles based on a thorough technical understanding of the medium and knowledge of the historical and contemporary context are presented. Concept, ideas and design development parallels technical training, allowing students to develop individual approaches.
Students who complete this major will have the skills and knowledge to:
- demonstrate skills and knowledge of the practices, languages, forms, materials, technologies and techniques in textile making.
- apply relevant skills and knowledge to realise artefacts and forms of creative expression.
- develop and evaluate concepts and process by thinking creatively, critically and reflectively.
- work independently and collaboratively in a workshop environment in response to project demands.
- apply occupational health and safety regulations and principles within a workshop environment.
This major requires the completion of 48 units, which must include:
48 units from completion of the following courses:
ARTV1901 Textiles: Dye and Surface Manipulation
ARTV1902 Textiles: Print and Surface Design
ARTV2906 Textiles: Approaches to Drawing for Craft and Design
ARTV2907 Textiles: Embroidery and Hand Stitch
ARTV2908 Textiles: Constructed Textiles
ARTV2909 Textiles: Maker to Market
ARTV3028 Craft and Design Major 7: Developing A Visual Arts Practice
ARTV3029 Craft and Design Major 8: Resolving a Body of Original Work
This major is available only to students undertaking the Bachelor of Visual Arts
48 units from completion of the following course(s):
|ARTV1901||Textiles: Dye and Surface Manipulation||6|
|ARTV1902||Textiles: Print and Surface Design||6|
|ARTV2906||Textiles: Approaches to Drawing for Craft and Design||6|
|ARTV2907||Textiles: Embroidery and Hand Stitch||6|
|ARTV2908||Textiles: Constructed Textiles||6|
|ARTV2909||Textiles: Maker to Market||6|
|ARTV3028||Craft and Design Major 7: Developing A Visual Arts Practice||6|
|ARTV3029||Craft and Design Major 8: Resolving a Body of Original Work||6|