- Code INDN6015
- Unit Value 6 units
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills at an Advanced level of Indonesian to:
1. Analyse orthographic differences between standard and colloquial written Indonesian.
2. Analyse the semantic features of Indonesian words and expressions in order to choose between potential English equivalents, and comprehend a range of vocabulary items specific to colloquial Indonesian.
3. Analyse the frequency of Indonesian phrase and sentence structures in order to choose between potential English equivalents, and comprehend a range of phrase and sentence structures specific to colloquial Indonesian.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the cultural contexts of a wide variety of literary and non-literary texts to choose a suitable approach for translating them and solutions to specific translation problems.
In-class tests of translation x 2: 20% (LOs 2,3,4)
assignments: translation + commentary x 2: 50% (LOs 2,3,4)
exam in reading colloquial Indonesian: 20% (LOs 1,2,3)
performance: 10% (LOs 1,2,3,4)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.